Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Pick your Pizza

wonderful pizza

Pizza Slices 

If there is one food that says American Culture besides the Cheeseburger, it's pizza.
(Warning: the above statement is based purely on my opinion.  I remind you this is my blog.)



~Ignorance is Bliss~ (I'd like to challenge that one day)  

To use this saying with pizza, when I was small I thought there was only one kind.  

Thick crust, thin layer of red sauce, lots of mozzarella cheese, and crispy pepperoni.
Just A Pizza, is where my family would order one large pizza.  1/2 cheese, 1/2 pepperoni.
Although just a small restaurant in Los Angeles, the taste is very similar to Pizza Hut but the crust is all hand-tossed.


Then my family moved to the Midwestern state of Kansas.

Fresh mozzarella cheese, red sauce, and oh the joy of stuffed crust!

Pizza Hut, where we would go after ball games and swim meets.  The family is larger now and we order two pizzas; one cheese, and one 1/2 pepperoni and 1/2 supreme (dad).

Domino's, my Grandmother's favorite.  When visiting her in Colorado she would order pizza and I'd pick the spicy pepperoni off complaining to mother "I only like cheese."


My family was in for a shock when we moved to Missouri!

(Ok, so this first photo is really unflattering... I know, but google Imo's pizza, there is a lack of aesthetic photos.)


Imo's Pizza,  oh where do I start?  We asked around for a pizza place soon after we moved, and everyone suggested Imo's.  We bought our regular two pizzas but after opening the first box we thought we were going to have to make pasta to go with the meal.

Now if you are from Missouri, I apologize in advance for discussing your famous pizza.
My first complaint is the cheese.  Imo's own special blend of Provel cheese which includes; Swiss, Provolone and mild cheddar.  Sweet cheese on my pizza was totally new for me, and even though it's all in my head... I can't stand yellow cheese on pizza.  Sweet sauce my taste buds were not expecting when I took a bite.  And last but certainly not least; THE CRUST is thin!  I'm all ok with people who order thin crust (they are cray),  but when I expect a thick and delicious pizza crust and I get cracker, I'm not lavishing praise.

Morel to life:  EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT

Other pizza's that need to be discussed...

It is hot-n-ready so the crust can be a little rubbery...  but it's thick!
Little Caesars Pizza, our savior in a land of Imo's pizza.  And a great price for a family that now buys four pizzas; two cheese, two pepperoni.


Including dessert pizza!

CiCi's Pizza, a buffet style restaurant that offers a wide selection of pizza and crust of differing sizes.


Humble Pie, the crust may be uneven but it's all good.


Other types of Pizzas:
Mexican Pizza
Taco pizza (little difference from above)

DYK, traditional Italian pizza was made with white sauce.


And my favorite:

Chicago style pizza.  They know that the crust is the most important part!
While it looks like a loaf with a layer of cheese atop,  cut in and find that glory inside.

If you are a big Imo's fan, let me know why so readers get two sides.

Also, I didn't even start on toppings, among my favorite pizza is Hawaiian pizza with the pineapple.  When I was in England their Midwestern pizza had corn, never thought of that and it was pretty good.

What's your favorite pizza?  Comment below.

~~ Edit ~~~



I found this on Xenophilia's website.  Someone come up with a caption please!  All I can think of is "And may the slice be with you," and that's just cheesy.


1 comment: