Friday, March 16, 2012

SkyView @Appattack

✤ Hello All! ✤

I have been procrastinating big time in my reality called home.  Obviously it has leaked into this virtual world of blogging.  Sorry about the silence.

To be fair (and so you're not mad at only me) my bloggers that I follow have been slacking as well.  Hannah-hoo point and case.  :)

The above blogger Hannah wrote a list of why she was wasn't blogging.  I believe such a list, in my case would be uber boring.  If I were to write a list it would likely include; Doctor Who season 5 (don't be hate'n on BBC), gardening (enforced by mom), and the weather climbing up to 70-80 drawing my pasty self outside.

I also have to make an apology, my promise hasn't been kept.  My whole "2 blogs reviewing apps per month" just flopped.   On Feb 25, (in my defense) I did start a draft of an app review, but it ended nowhere.


So to appese my app-loving buddies I went looking for new apps.
Introducing...



My new favorite app!!!

SkyView
☆☆☆
This astronomy app is incredible.

Discovery story:  This week (esp. March 15th) Venus and Jupiter are lighting up the sky with a really cool conjunction!  I walked out on my deck (thanks to the 82 degree weather) and saw two really bright stars.  I knew that when I see a extremely bright star that its usually Venus, but I wondered what the other twinkling object was.  Looking under Top Free apps this week I found SkyView.  
Let me show you what it does.


1. Launch the app and it will open up your camera.
It checks your location and shows where the stars are.
(See my lake in the photo below?)


2. Turn around and you get a "bubble view" of the stars.
I walked in the house so I could see different satellites. 



SkyView not only shows stars, but planets, satellite, space stations, the sun, and the moon.



The Planet's path lights up in orange showing you where it will be.
The Star's constellations are drawn in so you know what's what.


There is my conjunction of Venus and Jupiter!!! 
Currently above my ceiling... 


The Big dipper!!!


I was having such fun making Saturn land on my brother's head.
The boy was studiously doing homework... completely oblivious. :)


This is the best app for the beginning stargazer 


Now go, and wish upon those stars!

☆☆☆

No comments:

Post a Comment