Thursday, November 24, 2011

Bread and Butter

I am one of the most selfish people on planet earth.

(whew)  Glad I got that out of me!

When I found out my mom was going to have her fourth child, I prayed it wouldn't be a girl.  I was the eldest and the only girl in my family, and since my mom was an only child. . .  I was seriously spoiled!  :)

But thankfully, God gives us just what we need (which for me is never what I ask) so when I was about seven years old I had a new baby sister.  BTW as soon as I saw her I loved her more than any any toy and I treat her better then my growing porcelain doll collection.

Ten years later...
My sister on her princess birthday party.

My sister and I are like night and day.

This is a picture of my personality. (and since I'm not a cartoon I get two)
 

These are her personalities

Miss Fancy Nancy
  (except her name isn't Katie)


As you can see I'm the more; plain, sensible, mature, book loving, and I hope the graceful one. (Although I do have some Latino in me that occasionally comes through.)
And my sister is the; fun-loving, loud, fashionista, party planer, always accessorizing, and sooo cute! 



Another key difference.
She loves these!

Bernice Doll-
This is my kind of doll

Needless to say we have our battles.  Trying to decorate the room was a big one!  She wanting Zebra stripes, hanging canopies, and hot pink camo on the walls. (She does have older brothers) And I was wanting peach and blue beach scenes.   We settled for Paris,  so the room is pink, green and black with the Eiffel Tower everywhere.



What does this have to do with the title of "Bread and Butter" you might ask.

Well, nothing much except I LOVE BREAD AND BUTTER!!!

I could make something up for you if it would make you feel better;  My sister and I are like bread and butter, we complement each other and one without the other isn't much fun.
(Are you happy?)

I am very thankful for my sissy, without her I'd be a snobby spoiled brat I'm sure.
And soon I might post on the prank her brothers and I just pulled on her. :)

Siblings really change who we are, are you thankful for them???


Before I go, I'ma gona give a shout out to my S.I.C.O's  (Sisters In Christ Overboard) I really have the greatest friends on the planet.




Like gum on my shoe, a sister sticks thru.



1 comment: