Friday, September 23, 2011

iltechirate




Skype is a wonderful modern amenity!I really take advantage of this brilliant service, my grandparents who live in a far far off land, of two states away, get a chance to watch us grow up without compromising their health by traveling.  No this is no excuse not to have Christmas at grandmas this year!


I'm thinking the only way to get this kid to smile was to give him a huge plate of cookies!
 (as if any grandchild could skip out on grandma's gifts of Christmas sweaters and money, and even if your family doesn't celebrate this baby's birthday, I'm sure your grandparents are gift givers.)
Skype is just a way for the little sibling who can't remember grandma's house at all, to feel included.  Or that outfit that you want them to Oooo and Ahhh over.  
My Grandpa has recently bought a new Mac laptop. . .



And skypes my brother for computer help.  They'll talk for hours about screen sharing, chatting,  Pages,  Microsoft Word, and anything else just to delay my brothers math homework.  :)
 On the rare occasion when my brother isn't available, it gets passed on to me.  These last few questions I hadn't the foggiest grasp of a clue, but I was able to find them within 4 min.  (Yes, I'm very proud of myself).  So last night when he skyped me, he held up this dark square asking what it was.
               "This came in the box"  he said,  "what is it?"
Before I had a chance to reply,
               "No, honey that's your eyeglass cleaner!" interjected my grandmother.
               "I'm sure it came in the box! But I don't know what it is."  He countered.
The two went back and forth, until they had me rotfl. (literally) "Guys, I think it might be a wipe for the computer screen."

My mother added "Dad, your eyeglasses aren't that large!"  (think santa clause style, round and small)
Then came the friendly banter of "I knew it was a glass wipe!" "Well I knew it cam in the box!"
And then, right as we are skyping, in the middle of our conversation he takes the fabric square, and wipes the screen!  Oh tears were squirting out my sockets!  (Think of Steve, on Blues Clues wiping a paw print. . . and my babysitting jobs just all came back to me.)


Anyway,  enjoy these next few holiday months, go visit your grandparents!  Comment below if you have another way of spending time with your grandparents, or have a funny story about the technologically impaired.

Browsers and blue puppies,

1 comment: